Mark A. Chastain, M.D.
- Undergraduate: Emory University, Phi Beta Kappa
- Medical School: Tulane University School of Medicine
- Internship in Internal Medicine: Tulane University School of Medicine
- Dermatology Residency: Tulane University School of Medicine, served as Chief Resident
- Fellowship in Mohs Surgery: Gary Monheit, MD, Birmingham, AL
- Founded Skin Cancer Specialists of Atlanta in 2003
Board Certification from the American Board of Dermatology
Dr. Mark A. Chastain specializes in Mohs micrographic surgery as well as advanced reconstructive techniques, melanoma excision, and routine skin surgery. Born and raised in Columbus, Dr. Chastain is a native of Georgia. He is married to a dermatologist and has four children.
After training, Dr. Chastain returned to Tulane to teach Mohs surgery before moving to Atlanta.
Dr. Chastain is on the medical staff of both WellStar Kennestone Hospital in Marietta and Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta.
He is a diplomat of the American Board of Dermatology and a fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery. He is also an active member of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, American Academy of Dermatology, Atlanta Dermatological Association and the Medical Association of Georgia.