Cynthia Abbott, M.D.
Medical, Surgical and Cosmetic Dermatologist
Dr. Abbott sees patients in our Buckhead office.
- Undergraduate: Kentucky Wesleyan College, Magna Cum Laude
- Graduate: Masters in Medical Art Illustration from Medical College of Georgia
- Medical School: University of Louisville School of Medicine
- Internship in Pediatrics at Kosair Children’s Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky
- Dermatology Residency: Ohio State University
Board Certification from the American Board of Dermatology
- Top 10 Doctor Dermatology State 2014
- Compassionate Doctor 2014
- Ship Physician YWAM MV to Papa New Guinea, Summer 2015
- Patients Choice Award 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Expert Network Distinguished Doctor 2017
Family and Interests
Dr. Abbott is married, with four children, two rescue dogs, guinea pigs, and fish. She enjoys painting murals on her children’s walls, running, and volunteering at her church, her children’s schools and for the Beltline Project.
Dr. Abbott has always felt at home in two worlds, the world of science and the world of art. It’s part of what draws her to the field of dermatology, where you need both skills to bring out healthy and beautiful skin. “I feel like all my life I have been trying to combine those two,” Dr. Abbott says.
“In college, I majored in both art and biology. I got my master’s in Medical Illustration, and I did a fellowship in Cosmetic Dermatology. I am a very visual person. Any treatment that I do for a patient, I would want to be aesthetically pleasing.” The visual appeal may have been what started Dr. Abbott’s interest in dermatology, but what keeps her going is the variety of people she gets to help.
Dr. Abbott also completed an internship in Pediatrics at Kosair Children’s Hospital in Louisville. And as such, she feels she has expertise in Pediatric Dermatology and Cosmetic Dermatology. “What I mostly love about dermatology is the multi-generational factor,” Dr. Abbott says. “I love that I see kids and World War II vets in the same day.”
To get the most out of your partnership with your dermatologist, Dr. Abbott recommends understanding your medical needs. “Be educated, know your own medications, and know your medical history,” she says. “I like to work together to treat your diseases and concerns.”
Dr. Abbott is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and American Society of Dermatologic Surgery.